A good turnout of members met Feb 6th at Mill Creek Inn in Sheridan for the 2018 Annual Membership Meeting of the Greater Ruby Valley Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture. Appetizers, drinks, and a fun trivia contest were followed by “Meet the Directors” — the pilot video for a new promotional project spearheaded by members Isaac and Anna Ingram of Happiness Captured Creative. (See the video at the link below if you missed it.)
President Michelle Van Dyke led the meeting with Director introductions, voting, and Chamber reports. Community reports included County Commissioner report from Ron Nye, Michael Morgan, Adjutant of Anderson-Simpson Post 89, Shirley Sand for the Sheridan Senior Center, Dan Kenworthy of Kenworthy Electric, Twin Bridges Community Association report by Sunny Harmon, new Ruby Valley Hospital update from Tony Simonson, and RV Hospital Foundation update by Nondi Harrington. 3 Rivers Communications was recognized for their generosity in providing printing grants for our Chamber promotional postcard which is distributed to member businesses for free pick up by visitors. Directors Bob Reimard Julie Ward, and Isaac Ingram also reported on projects (read on).
Members are encouraged to get involved by participating in the Buy Local Expo, our membership drive, events such as the Floating Flotilla and Sheridan Days parade. Sending in events and activities for our calendar and Facebook page, and by bringing new ideas, skills, and expertise to meetings held the first Tuesday of every month at 5 pm at the Sheridan BHHS office. Call first to confirm, or to secure a spot on the Agenda: Michelle – 684-5686.
2018 GRVCCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President – Michelle VanDyke, BHHS & Montana Ranch Properties
- Vice President – Ray Marxer, Ranch Services West
- Secretary / Treasurer – Julie Ward, Clover Meadows, LLC
- Chamber Affiliates – Paul Marsh, Wisconsin Creek Cabin Creations
- Membership – Scott Payne, Northern Rockies Engineering, Inc.
- Web / IT – Susan Marxer, Montana Image
- Community Projects – BoB Reimard, Alamo Aviation Art
- Advertising, Public Relations – Karen Town, Ruby Valley/Opportunity Bank
- Video and Media Promotion – Isaac Ingram, Happiness Captured Creative
NEW CHAMBER PROMOTION VIDEO PROJECT
Isaac Ingram introduced the new video promotion project which will consist of a series of short “Local” features highlighting various components of the Ruby Valley Chamber such as Business, People, Seasons, Activities, etc. to be used primarily for online promotions. Isaac has also stepped up the activity on the Chamber’s Facebook page and has increased followers by 30% in less than 2 months. The pilot video, “Meet the Directors” has received over 1,650 views, and been shared 22 times since being posted February 6th.
Happiness Captured is offering six FREE video feature spotlights for current members via a simple application. All members interested in having a 1 to 2 minute video spotlight of their business are encouraged to apply. Members applying by February 28, 2018, will have priority. Download an application here, or pick one up at the bank in Sheridan, or from BHHS in Twin Bridges.
A Total of 173 Members in 2017 Enjoyed the following benefits:
- Continued improvement and updates of the web site – www.rubyvalleychamber.com – all members are listed with a brief business profile, pictures and a link to their website.
- Maintain a Facebook presence and activity at https://www.facebook.com/RubyValleyChamber.
- Sheridan Days & Twin Bridges Floating Flotilla – participated, and provided financial support of $500 each.
- Christmas Strolls – Sheridan and Twin Bridges –provided support of $500 for each stroll.
- Annual Membership Meeting in February – appetizers and door prizes for all members and prospective members. Held at a GRVCC member business which rotates each year between Twin Bridges and Sheridan.
- Membership directory mailed out annually with members business names and phone numbers.
- Chamber paid advertising for events and businesses in Madisonian and KDBM-AM /KBEV-FM radio, plus Chamber ads in the Loop Magazine and Fly Fish America promoting the Ruby Valley, Chamber businesses, and our website.
- GRVCCA Buy Local Expo – FREE booth fee for Chamber members – successful in 2017 with about 50 participants and over 200 visitors! The 2018 Buy Local Expo is slated for May 5, 2018.
- Memberships – Southwest Montana Country (formally Gold West Country), and, maintain a listing at visitmt.com, Montana’s official tourism site.
- Contribution to Sheridan Farmers Market Insurance.
- Representation in the Sheridan Days & Madison County Fair Parades.
- Window membership plaques to publicly show your support of the Chamber.
- At a member’s request, we now have the ability to spread the word about local events through our brand new EVENT NOTIFICATION email list, and by adding events to our Facebook page and website calendar. Please submit your events and activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we don’t have them, we can’t post them. Text format is best since everything doesn’t have to be re-typed, but flyers will work.
Webmaster Note: There are now 2 email lists. By default all members will receive our (new version) email newsletter, with the ability to unsubscribe by clicking a link. The 2nd list is for Event Notices–both Chamber and member-submitted. You MUST OPT-IN, or subscribe before you will be added. Since this is a brand new option, we have 0 subscribers! Please subscribe below, or at the bottom of the upcoming newsletter, or at the bottom of the front page of www.rubyvalleychamber.com. If you change your mind, every notification has an “unsubscribe” link.
MAIN STREET IMPROVEMENT GRANTS
Four Main Street businesses were awarded 2017 Improvement Grants for up to $500 each:
- Main Street Market and Twin Bridges Library in Twin Bridges,
- Valley Assembly Church and Beacon Business Center in Sheridan.
New applicants selected for 2018 – (2018 Sheridan recipients are also eligible for up to an additional $500 grant from Sheridan Main Street Improvement Team):
- Twin Bridges Community Association – Banners
- The Old Hotel – Signage
- Main St Market – Lighting & Painting Sign
- Kenworthy Electric – Office Building Renovation
- Shovel & Spoon – Steel Siding
- Legion Post 89 – New Flagpole
Main Street Improvement Grants, when available, are announced in October.
- Video: “Meet the Directors”
- Application for Featured Video Spotlight
- Be sure to “LIKE” us on the Ruby Valley Chamber Facebook page!
SUBSCRIBE TO EVENT NOTICES BY ENTERING EMAIL ADDRESS HERE