W elcome from The Greater Ruby Valley Chamber of Commerce & Agriculture! We are a group of businesses, ranches, and organizations representing 5 communities in the greater Ruby Valley of Madison County Montana. Our communities may be small, but our community spirit is outstanding. With 170 Chamber of Commerce members, we work hard to support and promote our local businesses and communities on a centralized platform. These small but vibrant communities are a great place to live! Their vitality is central to the success of local business and economy. Your membership is returned 100% to the support of the entire Ruby Valley community.
Our mission is to advance and support active, vibrant communities; and to be a central platform of information for the benefit and support of businesses, industries, and communities of the Ruby Valley of Madison County, Montana.
If you are a visitor, we hope you discover the wealth of information available by browsing our site and Business Directory. As a group of volunteers, we don’t have an organizational street-front address, phone, or regular hours. However, we are happy to respond to email inquiries. If you would like to contact us, please send us a message on the Contact page Or contact a board member directly on the Directors page.
If you are considering becoming a member, our annual Membership fee is $55 and includes a free 365-day listing in our Business Directory.
2018 ACTIVITIES – A Total of 161 Members in the greater Ruby Valley and surrounding areas enjoyed the following benefits:
- Continued redesign and updates of the web site. All members are listed with a brief business profile, picture, and a link to their website.
- Member business referrals from website Contact form inquiries and other contacts.
- Maintain a Facebook presence and activity.
- Sheridan Days & Twin Bridges Floating Flotilla – provided financial support of $500 each.
- Sheridan Christmas Stroll and Twin Bridges Feast-ival –provided support of $500 for each.
- Annual Membership Meeting in February – appetizers and door prizes for all members and prospective members. Held at a GRVCCA member business which rotates each year between Twin Bridges and Sheridan.
- Membership directory mailed out annually with members business names and phone numbers. Extra directories available to businesses as free handouts.
- Printed, mailable, brochure postcards available for free distribution by businesses.
- Chamber paid advertising for events and businesses in Madisonian and KDBM-AM /KBEV-FM radio, plus Chamber ad in the Loop Magazine. Chamber video produced by member/director Isaac Ingram, of Ingram Photography and Design to promote our Chamber on website and social media.
- GRVCCA Buy Local Expo – FREE booth fee for Chamber members–successful in 2018 with about 50 participants and over 200 visitors! Availability is limited so reserve early by calling BoB Reimard at 842-7900. The 2019 Buy Local Expo is slated for May 4, 2019.
- Memberships – Southwest Montana Country (formally Gold West Country), and, maintain a listing at visitmt.com, Montana’s official tourism site.
- Monthly meetings, listed on the website calendar are open to all members to voice concerns and suggestions to benefit our membership
- Contribution of $500 to upgrade kiosk in Jessen Park in Twin Bridges.
- Contribution of $250 to sponsor Ruby Valley Conservation District Banquet
- Representation in the Sheridan Days & Madison County Fair Parades.
- Window membership plaques to publicly show your support of the Chamber.
- At a member’s request we can spread the word about local events by adding events to our Facebook page and website calendar.
On the front page of this website is a subscription box for people to subscribe to an Events List–which only a few have done. Once we have a list of subscribers who have “opted-in”, we can use that email list to send out notices as well. BE SURE TO OPT-IN so we can legally distribute member event notices.
Three Main Street businesses were awarded 2017 Improvement Grants for up to $500 each:
- Twin Bridges Community Association
- Shovel & Spoon Restaurant in Sheridan
- Anderson-Simpson Post 89 American Legion in Sheridan