W elcome from The Greater Ruby Valley Chamber of Commerce & Agriculture! We are a group of businesses, ranches, and organizations representing 5 communities in the greater Ruby Valley of Madison County Montana. Our communities may be small, but our community spirit is outstanding. With over 170 Chamber of Commerce members, we are able to provide a variety of services to our members and our local communities.
Our mission is to advance and improve civic welfare, and to advertise and develop the industries and resources of the Ruby Valley of Madison County, Montana.
If you are a visitor, we hope you discover the wealth of information available by browsing our site and Business Directory. As a group of volunteers, we don’t have an organizational street-front address, phone, or regular hours. However, we are happy to respond to email inquiries. If you would like to contact us, please send us a message on the Contact page Or contact a board member directly on the Directors page.
If you are considering becoming a member, our annual Membership fee is $55 and includes a free 365-day listing in our Business Directory.
2017 ACTIVITIES – A Total of 173 Members in the greater Ruby Valley and surrounding areas enjoyed the following benefits:
- Continued improvement and updates of the web site. All members are eligible for a free directory listing with a brief business profile, picture, and a link to their website.
- Member business referrals from website Contact form inquiries and other contacts.
- Maintain a Facebook presence and activity.
- Sheridan Days & Twin Bridges Floating Flotilla – participated, and provided financial support of $500 each.
- Christmas Strolls – Sheridan and Twin Bridges –provided support of $500 for each stroll.
- Annual Membership Meeting in February – appetizers and door prizes for all members and prospective members. Held at a GRVCCA member business which rotates each year between Twin Bridges and Sheridan.
- Membership directory mailed out annually with members business names and phone numbers.
- Chamber paid advertising for events and businesses in Madisonian and KDBM-AM /KBEV-FM radio, plus Chamber ads in the Loop Magazine and Fly Fish America promoting the Ruby Valley, Chamber businesses, and our website
- GRVCCA Buy Local Expo – FREE booth fee for Chamber members. The 2018 Buy Local Expo is slated for May 5, 2018.
- Memberships – Southwest Montana Country (formally Gold West Country), and, maintain a listing at visitmt.com, Montana’s official tourism site.
- Contribution to Sheridan Farmers Market Insurance.
- Representation in the Sheridan Days & Madison County Fair Parades.
- Window membership plaques to publicly show your support of the Chamber.
- Spread the word about local events through our brand new EVENT NOTIFICATION email list, and by adding events to our Facebook page and website calendar.
Four Main Street businesses were awarded 2017 Improvement Grants for up to $500 each:
- Main Street Market and Twin Bridges Library in Twin Bridges
- Valley Assembly Church and Beacon Business Center in Sheridan.
2018 GRANT AWARDS – (2018 Sheridan recipients are also eligible for up to an additional $500 grant from Sheridan Main Street Improvement Team):
- Twin Bridges Community Association – Banners
- The Old Hotel – Signage
- Main St Market – Lighting & Painting Sign
- Kenworthy Electric – Office Building Renovation
- Shovel & Spoon – Steel Siding
- Legion Post 89 – New Flagpole
Main Street Improvement Grants, when available, are announced in October.