The Greater Ruby Valley Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture is excited to announce the recipients of the 2017 Main Street Improvement Grants. A total of 6 grants of up to $500 were awarded to the following businesses for projects designed to improve the attractiveness of the Main Street corridors in Twin Bridges and Sheridan:
- Kenworthy Electric, Sheridan – to renovate existing building behind Post Office
- Main Street Market, Twin Bridges – to paint east and north side of building on Main Street
- Shovel and Spoon, Sheridan – to install metal siding on south side of building facing Main Street park
- The Old Hotel, Twin Bridges – to install a new framed and lit metal sign
- Anderson Simpson Post 89, Sheridan – to install a new aluminum flag pole in front of their building
- Twin Bridges Community Association – to purchase Main Street seasonal banners
In addition to the Chamber of Commerce awards, Sheridan recipients are eligible for additional $500 grants from the Sheridan Main Street Improvement Team.
The Chamber’s Main Street Improvement Grant program is in its 3rd year. When available, new application packages are announced in October. Any Main Street business in Sheridan or Twin Bridges, and up to one block off Main is eligible to apply.